Wednesday, June 07, 2006

California CD 50 Analysis

You know, I was going to post a fairly long and comprehensive analysis of this race, but for the most part what I wanted to say is summed up very nicely in this Slate article by John Dickerson. Read and enjoy.

The one thing I want to elaborate a little bit on is Dickerson's point that Republicans can now legitimately believe that there is hope left, and that they aren't doomed to be annhilated from the electoral map in November. I've said before that I don't think the political climate is quite as bad for the Republicans as the conventional wisdom is saying that it is. This race is a perfect example of that, and I think that Republicans can not only say it with a straight face, but that it is, in fact, the truth.

I expect the Republicans to lose seats in November, but I don't expect to see Speaker Nancy Pelosi anytime soon. As much as one race can, the results here seem to back that up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home