Sunday, August 06, 2006

Daily Connecticut...er...Kos

I've mentioned Daily Kos before on this blog, and I expect that most anyone who wanders by here has at least checked it out at some point. After all, if you believe Markos Moulitsas, Daily Kos founder, the site is pretty much the heartbeat of the real Democratic Party.

The problem is, the site has worked itself into a frenzy on the Joe Lieberman situation. I was just over there, at 4:00 PM MDT, and the first 5 articles are either directly or indirectly involved with the Lieberman/Lamont battle which takes place on Tuesday. Now, I agree that this is a monumental primary in term of providing some sort of measure for whether the netroots can actually affect real elections. However, Kos is supposed to be a clearinghouse for races across the country and policy issues affecting virtually everything. Instead, we're treated to rehashes of arguments that center around one of two themes: 1.) Lieberman (and anyone who supports him) is an idiot, and the evidence is "X", or 2.) Lamont is the most brilliant politician ever, and clearly has the support of the people in Connecticut.

I'll believe it when I see it. I am grudgingly forced to believe that Lieberman will probably lose tomorrow. As I've said before, however, I don't think it's going to be a landslide, and I think he's going to win in November. Kos is making itself look silly by devoting all of it's time to this one race. Even more ironic is the fact that this race which has so galvanized this bastion of left-wing lunacy involves a Democratic incumbent. And you wonder why I don't think the Democratic Party can win back control of either house of Congress? They're simply too busy gnawing at their own limbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home