Saturday, August 19, 2006

Dem's Shake Things Up

The Democrats officially threw Nevada into their early Presidential nominating calendar last night, adding the Nevada caucuses five days after Iowa, and also allowing South Carolina to hold its primary a week after New Hampshire. I've mentioned before that I don't like the way we nominate people for the Presidency in this country, but I don't have a lot else to say about this. Adding two more small states to the absurdly early front-end of the process could have a number of effects, but I doubt any of them are going to be any worse than how the process was run before.
I do think this could have the opposite effect that many are predicting: the CW is that this will declare a presumptive nominee by the end of January. I think however, that with less time to soak up the idea of someone winning in Iowa or New Hampshire, multiple victors could emerge from the 4 first primaries, setting up an actual fight for the nomination through February and March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home